To nurture a strong media industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. Responsible for improving the public image of company, directing publicity programs and campaigns and clarifiying the company’s point of view on important issues.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Design and review the online content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Develop and implement crisis communications advice and media strategy, as needed
Skills & Requirements
- Creation and execution of public relations strategy
- Fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media
- Preparing media kits and organizing press conferences.
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media. Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must have great knowledge of the music industry and the music business
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Must be aware of different media channels and agendas.
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
Education, Degree and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years working experience in music or any other entertainment media outfit
Head of Marketing, Africa Country GM
|Job Category||Marketing & Communication, Product & Project Management|