Responsible for developing content strategy, securing/acquiring new content & additional rights for exploitation.
Key Roles andResponsibilities
- Acquire Kenyan music and digital content for the digital platforms developed by the company
- Source for quality music contents in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Zambia.
- Actively build & maintain relationships with all Kenyan, Ugandans, Rwandese and Zambian artists, labels, content providers & aggregators.
- Co-ordinate with all functional teams to ensure proper and smooth delivery of digital content for our platforms
- Content Administration: Ensure in-demand content is curated properly & uploaded on time
- Marketing: Ensure in-demand content is strategically marketed properly
- Legal: Review contractual terms and conditions & ensure all contracts are executed properly
- Finance: Ensure artists’ royalties are paid on time
- Business Development: Develop and analyze business models for new content types
- Educate Musicians in East Africa about digital distribution & our app .
- Perform due diligence to ensure the rightful ownership of Intellectual Property
- Increase the company’s revenues by acquiring new, hot, trending & in-demand content
- Develop opportunities, partnerships and strategies to acquire content rapidly
- Identify potential up-coming artists and hit songs that the company can strategically market to generate more revenue
- Perform content strategy analysis to ensure our customers have the broadest selection of content available, regardless of territory
- Monitor the competitive landscape especially on content acquisition to help inform strategic planning
- Perform administrative follow-ups to resolve customer problems.
- Perform other duties as required
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Number of contents acquired within a specific time.
- Number of distribution contracts executed completely
- Maintain a zero percent record of illegal content distribution on the digital platforms
- Quality of content acquired
- Cost savings on content acquisition
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Extensive contacts in the music industry – A passion for music, entertainment & digital media
- Have a solid finger on the pulse of the current music trends
- Good communication (Verbal & Written) and inter-personal skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload needed
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus; equally capable at working independently
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years Experience working in the music industry or other related digital content acquisition roles
- A degree in Marketing, Music Business or a similar related field
- Strong understanding of digital music services and business models
|Job Category||IT & Software, Management & Business Development, Marketing & Communication|